Followers

Welcome to my blog

This is an extension of my website

Thursday, June 26, 2008

So long, farewell and goodbye

Tomorrow (Friday 27th June) will be a bit of a sad day; one that I knew was near. It’s the last day any of us can call this old house the family home. That familiar feeling that can only come from a home you have lived in for a long time will be gone. You get to know every creaking board every scratch and who made it. You know what needs fixing but never seem to get it done. As I enter the lounge room (I rarely go in there now) and look at the bare mantle and photo free walls I feel a little bit alone as though I am leaving a friend behind. I can remember the cold and wet Saturday morning we first moved into 1215 main road kalorama way back in 1967 and seeing this house of many doors, its seemed so big and I guess it was when compared to our other home. The yard was overgrown with walnut, lemon and apple trees, hydrangeas and rhododendrons where scattered everywhere. Now the new owners will make it their home and they want to renovate rather that rebuild that makes it ok. Now we move on, lets see what tomorrow brings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures that you
posted and the sites
of the area where you
have lived have captured
our hearts and so we
are sad with you. Such
a beautiful area to
live in.

You will soon adjust to
your new surroundings
and be back with more
information, pictures
and fun things - the
same old Dieter. lol

God Bless you and your
family.

gts

Jeanette said...

Gday Deiter, I understand your feelings I cried the day ours was sold, I still think of that home in Melbourne I went back once to see it got upset cause the garden was unkept so the drapes were all hanging out windows. I never went back again. Life goes on and Im sure you will settle in quickly to your new surrounds..Take great care..

Anonymous said...

Now its 2 l/2 years later and you
probably still miss this place,
but you are lucky to be living in
a beautiful home with your loving
family so count your blessings.

gts (again)

Powered By Blogger