Followers

Welcome to my blog

This is an extension of my website

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My movie review


I saw this movie today and did not have expectations. All I knew before seeing the movie was it is not meant to be an accurate depiction of Mongolian history or the history of Genghis khan. The story does however give us a different look other than that of Hollywood. I did find that parts of the story were glossed over ‘not considered important I guess’ like how he got his followers, I think we are meant to use our imagination there. The actors did a good job and for those who worry about literal translations in the sub titles, stop thinking about it so much, its very hard to translate from one language to another accurately. I am told there is not much written in history about Genghis khan,
The movie was worth the price of admittance and is the first installment of the trilogy so go see it and be your own judge after all you might spend two hours watching a good movie.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger