Followers

Welcome to my blog

This is an extension of my website

Friday, August 03, 2007

My rant

It’s strange how we in the richer countries are now asking ourselves. Why is everything made in china? Take Australia, years ago in stores you would have had no problem finding the Aussie brand at eye level. Now the Aussie is on the bottom self, if you can find it at all. Sure big companies sold out. The reason the did that more than likely was because the shelves where being flooded with imports that where slightly cheaper and we the consumer could not wait to dive in and save a dollar or two, who cares if the quality was not that great, its cheap right?
We have ourselves to blame for not buying established Australian brand when they where in the stores. Now that most of the brands are gone we are complaining that there’s nothing on the self apart from imports.We need to start buying home made products, pay the extra dollar its worth it. Do you want to buy fish (catfish) from Vietnam or support our fisheries and know where fish comes from? It’s not only fish or even food. Next time you are buying clothes look for the Australian product, good hunting. I am not anti imports we do need them but not if it destroys the local market. We have become too reliant on imports there is a balance. This is a worldwide issue. China Japan Thailand and Vietnam have become our factories and very cheap for now. Will it last?

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I agree. I'm looking at labels.
I went to buy some new sun glasses because someone sat on mine (thank goodness not while they were on my face)

all were made in ch*na. I chose not to buy, because I figured the uv rating was probably another scam

dieter said...

As I said we can only blame ourselves.I like your sense of humour

AfKaP said...

Dieter, Thanks for stopping by my place - I was in Australia for 6 months last year (WA - Fremantle) and heard a Tele report that said that Australians did not like too many choices at the store. They tend to buy the product that is in the middle price range thinking that the bottom price one can't be the best quality. The report went on to say Australians were upset by having too many choices. (Heaven forbid they ever see American stores - the epitome of endless variation and waste!!)

As for the comment on quadraplegia - That is so true. I have a friend who used to be a cross-country bicyclist and he had an accident that left him a quadraplegic and he has taken this change in condition with grace and good humor, while I have met others who end up wheelchair bound who have become nasty and full of self-pity. My friend George(mentioned in the blog) had bone cancer which was painful and yet he was kind and good natured up until the end. It is a mystery.

AfKaP said...

Sorry to go on for so long!!

Powered By Blogger